    it possible to download them onto a blank disc which which operates at
    D:\ (not very good with the terminology,eh?)
    Earl

    Earl Costello, Sep 10, 2005

  2. Do you want to burn them to a CD? I have good it is possible. You
    do need a CD writer though.

    Marc

    Marc Hulsebosch, Sep 10, 2005

  3. Earl Costello

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Yes, if you have a CD burner (?)
    Yes, if you have third party software to burn a CD like Nero burning rom,
    http://www.nero.com/eng/index.html , a free older version is good enough
    for win98, http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=nero ; Nero Burning ROM
    5.5.10.42 (13.0 MB) or more recent versions will do.
    Yes if your willing to study the helpfiles that come along with Nero, since
    you are a newbee on this subject.
    It might be possible that your CD burner (?) came with a CD. In most cases
    burner software is on that CD.

    Dr. Bill, Sep 10, 2005
  4. First, you should not consider the "Desktop" folder as a safe storage
    anyways. Because on the desktops, "all files are open" and chances are high
    that a windows hiccup/crash may wipe away your files with the next
    scandisk.
    2nd, if you have a cdwriter (does it still work?) you can do so using a
    dedicated program such as nero or easycd creator or others.
    3rd, if you want your cdwriter act like a big floppy (and you can then just
    copy your files over to D: from explorer/workplace cut/paste), you will
    need a program like Incd or directcd, which allows to "format" a raw cdr or
    cdrw - technically, you create a udfs filesystem structure.

    Walter Mautner, Sep 10, 2005