    anthony cox Guest

    Will try everything again, get back to you tomorrow, thanks for all the
    help, Ant.

    anthony cox, Feb 24, 2005

  2. anthony cox

    anthony cox Guest

    Managed to get online with new install of isp setup in the user interface.
    Ant.

    anthony cox, Feb 24, 2005

  3. anthony cox

    anthony cox Guest

    Now online through router! Hooray! Just need settings for network and
    allowing laptop to share internet connection. Will try again tomorrow.
    Thanks for all the help guys, the settings are now default BT, nothing else
    changed for now. Goodnight all, Ant.

    anthony cox, Feb 24, 2005
  4. anthony cox

    Anthony Cox Guest

    Hi guys, back on now - had to fit new hard drive, old one crashed and
    burned! Found Speedtouch USB Diagnostics program on CD! Gives all settings
    required for Safecom unit (same as BT settings). Will try to set up network
    Monday 28th Feb. Would appreciate your input and your patience! By the way,
    the way I managed to get online with the Safecom was to hit "connect", then
    nothing happens, hit "refresh" and all is revealed! I forgot the setup is
    web-based. Regards, Ant.

    Anthony Cox, Feb 27, 2005
  5. anthony cox

    Anthony Cox Guest

    Done my homework on this (including all posts here) and got everything
    running like clockwork. Thanks to NBT and PeeGee for their input and
    patience!
    Ant.

    Anthony Cox, Feb 28, 2005
  6. anthony cox

    NBT Guest

    Did you remember to change your passwords and set up Encryption?
    Did you read http://www.dslreports.com/faq/8698

    nbt

    NBT, Mar 1, 2005
  7. anthony cox

    Anthony Cox Guest

    Will do, thanks for reminder!

    Anthony Cox, Mar 1, 2005
  8. anthony cox

    Anthony Cox Guest

    Will try again on daughter's birthday, notebook back in box untill then!
    Thanks, Ant.

    Anthony Cox, Mar 1, 2005
  9. anthony cox

    Coxy Guest

    All rosy in the garden now - Daughter loves the notebook, Father loves the
    network! Thanks all for helping!

    Coxy, Mar 23, 2005