    necessary I know that she could get one but I think I'm out of luck with the
    Nikon.

    Marc

    Marc, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Try overriding the exposure. Does your camera have automatic backing
    available? If so try it and see.

    Joseph Meehan, Apr 12, 2004

  3. Marc

    al-Farrob Guest

    Also if it has contrast control try reducing contrast

    al-Farrob, Apr 12, 2004
  4. I'd be interested in seeing a couple of photos for comparison -- one
    cloudy, one sunny. Can you post them online and give the URL?

    Phil Stripling, Apr 12, 2004
  5. Try a polarizer. It helps eliminate colorless glare. Turn on the flash
    for close-ups to reduce harsh shadows.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Apr 13, 2004
  6. It can help eliminate colorless reflection but it is seldom going to
    help glare

    Joseph Meehan, Apr 13, 2004
  7. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Marc, Apr 13, 2004
  8. I would say the contrast is a little high and it is a little over
    exposed.

    Joseph Meehan, Apr 13, 2004
  9. Marc

    Don Stauffer Guest

    I don't have access to that camera, but consider that a sunlit scene
    typically has a much higher dynamic range of object brightness than a
    cloudy day scene.

    If one finds lack of contrast and sharpness in a high contrast scene,
    but not on a low contrast one, one suspicion is that the camera has a
    lot of flare and maybe ghosts. Make a test card for a subject- half
    white paper or card, other half painted with darkest flat black paint
    you can find. Shoot it, then use zoom to enlarge pixels, look at values
    near border, but within black area. Compare to values in black area far
    from edge.

    Don Stauffer, Apr 13, 2004