    my ISP - just there to illustrate a point.

    I did this recently with an Oly EM5 and a CZ50/1.4 (watch url wrap!):
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/356/b/8/2_o081073_da_by_wizofoz2k-d6yvr38.jpg

    Noons, Dec 26, 2013

  2. So do China residents. But it's f******** cold!

    PAUL {HAMILTON} ROONEY, Dec 26, 2013

  3. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Dec 27, 2013
  4. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    that's a nice pleasant scene. Unfortunately, you are having the same
    basic issue I have. Over exposure in the whites & highlights.

    Here is an acceptable overexposure.

    <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC5121_4844.jpg>

    PeterN, Dec 27, 2013
  5. PeterN

    Noons Guest

    Very little, but yes. One of the things the Oly can do is handle
    overexposure in highlights better than anything else short of film.
    There is only a very small area of the bird that has the highlights
    blown and that is exactly how I wanted it: little point in showing
    detail in what is essentially just pure white. I was more interested in
    showing the roundness of the body with just a little smidgeon of shadow
    to expose it. The original image is of course a LOT larger and more
    detailed, this is just for the web so don't expect lots of minutia. I've
    got a slightly different treatment of the raw in another image that may
    be more pleasing to your taste, will post it later.

    Yeah, piercing detail! But here the issue is also the contrast: the
    shadow areas should be a LOT lighter. In fact I think they are. But
    unfortunately the high contrast doesn't let us verify that.
    Is that a Photoshop paintbrush the fella is using? Looks like a kitchen
    brush...

    Noons, Dec 27, 2013
  6. PeterN

    RichA Guest

    Very nice shot, I don't see any real issues with it. Had I tried to shoot that today, the bee would have been under 1/2 inch of ice! Lucky to be in a warmer clime.

    RichA, Dec 27, 2013
  7. PeterN

    M-M Guest

    M-M, Dec 27, 2013
  8. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Dec 27, 2013
  9. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    The only person you need to please is you.

    <G>

    PeterN, Dec 27, 2013
  10. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Dec 27, 2013
  11. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Thanks. I do not live in the warmer climes.

    somehow, through snipping, or my idiocy, that bee, which was intended to
    be in a macro reply, would up in a different location.
    the bee was shot on Long Island.
    I suspect who the inaccurate snipper was, but.......

    PeterN, Dec 27, 2013
  12. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Dec 27, 2013
  13. PeterN

    M-M Guest

    M-M, Dec 27, 2013
  14. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Neat. Just for the record, I am traveling and using my laptop. Since it
    has a 14" screen, which I do not color correct, I use it only for keeper
    & possibility decisions.

    BTW how do you do the mouse-over thing?

    PeterN, Dec 27, 2013
  15. PeterN

    Guest Guest

    javascript.

    view the page source and you can see exactly what it does.

    Guest, Dec 27, 2013
  16. PeterN

    me Guest

    Question, out of every possibility posited so far, which is the
    closest to your personal perception at the moment?

    me, Dec 27, 2013
  17. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    M-M, with no hesitation.
    I knew the nest was there and was driving about 5mph. When I saw the
    male coming in, I whipped out the camera and shot. (After stopping, of
    course.)

    This is not my first bird in flight

    <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/Cleared For Landing.jpg>

    or