    Be truthful, but gentle with your comments. This is far from a finished
    image.

    <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/bee145.jpg>

    PeterN, Dec 25, 2013

  2. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Dec 25, 2013

  3. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    You don't suppose he clicked on the wrong Dropbox image, do you? You
    know Peter has fat thumbs.

    Tony Cooper, Dec 25, 2013
  4. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Dyslexic fingers.

    PeterN, Dec 25, 2013
  5. PeterN

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On 12/25/2013 11:03 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    : > On 2013-12-25 15:54:03 +0000, PeterN <> said:
    : >
    : >> Shooting conditions were, to say the least, almost ideal. Heavy cloud
    : >> conditions, and low light, making for low contrast images.
    : >> Here's a guy, just caught a fish.
    : >> Be truthful, but gentle with your comments. This is far from a
    : >> finished image.
    : >>
    : >> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/bee145.jpg>
    : >
    : > The biggest problem I have with that shot is the out of date weather
    : > report and "fishy" description. the EXIF tells me you shot that on
    : > August 25, not this morning. So you have had 5 months to work on it.
    : > What's up with that?
    : >
    :
    : Oops, Sorry, wrong link.
    : <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20131225_Enter custom name hereSinibel birds_1499.jpg>

    Florida residents get to enjoy Christmas dinner outdoors.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Dec 25, 2013
  6. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    And July Fourth picnics, indoors.

    PeterN, Dec 25, 2013
  7. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    It's 75 (F) here as I write this, and son and grandchildren are out in
    the yard trying to get their new remote helicopters to fly.
    Daughter-in-law is setting up a Facebook account on my wife's new
    iPhone, but I refuse to get involved with Facebook.

    Tony Cooper, Dec 25, 2013
  8. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    I know, but I paid the price I am not thrilled with the image either.
    for being too lazy. I should have put the 70-200 on the D300.

    Here is try # 2. I cropped the lousy selection and reduced a lot of the
    halos. Not great at all, but somewhat better. Also I should have used a
    fill flash, but when the bird came in that close, I took what I could
    get. I really don't know if I can salvage a decent shot from this one.

    <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...ustom name hereSinibel birds_1499 cropped.jpg>

    PeterN, Dec 25, 2013
  9. PeterN

    MC Guest

    MC, Dec 25, 2013
  10. PeterN

    MC Guest

    MC, Dec 25, 2013
  11. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    More like this?

    <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20131225_sanibel birds_1624.jpg>

    PeterN, Dec 25, 2013
  12. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Dec 25, 2013
  13. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Good thought. I will try that later. If I spend too much time at the
    computer, .... well it is our 53rd anniversary, and a sumptous dinner is
    waiting.

    PeterN, Dec 25, 2013
  14. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On the left hand side is the female, appropriately welcoming her mate.
    When I arrived, he had just finished and my guess is he was jumping for
    joy.

    PeterN, Dec 26, 2013
  15. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    I'm surprised the EXIF data doesn't tell you that i went to the
    bathroom during post. seriously, I never realized the extent of the EXIF
    data detail.
    I will have to play with it. As I said earlier, In your conversions I
    see no highlight detail. I will take noise over the loss of detail. I
    will probably try your HDR and ACR processing suggestions.

    PeterN, Dec 26, 2013
  16. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Here is the result trying sharpening in ACR, with a levels adjustment,
    and some NR in DXO film Pack 4

    PeterN, Dec 26, 2013
  17. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

  18. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    I have been playing with the ACR filter.

    PeterN, Dec 26, 2013
  19. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    They are contagious.

    PeterN, Dec 26, 2013
  20. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 12/25/2013 8:57 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    Yup! I really should pay more attention to them. I subscribe to NAPP but
    really don't use it as much as I should.

    PeterN, Dec 26, 2013