Closing ASP.Net Modal dialog window after serverside event processing

Discussion in 'Software' started by alienworkshop, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. alienworkshop

    alienworkshop

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi All,

    I have a Modal dialog box in ASP.Net that i opened through the following statement.

    function GetPopup(params)
    {
    var dialogInputArg = new Array("Param1", "Param2");
    var dlgSettings = "center:yes;help:No;resizable:No;status:No;scroll:Yes;dialogWidth=800px;dialogHeight=600px";
    var argAdrBk = window.showModalDialog("EditContents.aspx?Mode=Preview&" + params , dialogInputArg, dlgSettings);

    if (argAdrBk == null)
    {
    /*window.alert("Please select a recipient again.")*/
    }
    else
    {

    }
    }
    within EditContents.aspx, i have a form where the user inserts a value and then submits the form... based upon the success or failure of the query, i need to close the Modal Dialog or keep it open but show an error message.

    I am using the serverside click event of the submit button to insert values and show the success message..

    lblmsg.text = "Valule inserted successfully"

    But once i press the submit button, it pop ups a new window that contains the same webform but displays only the lable control lblmsg with the success message.

    i want to close the Modal Dialog here.

    Thanks A lot in advance,

    Alienworkshop

    alienworkshop, Aug 17, 2006