    included with the camera when purchased.

    *If the link does not work, here is the DigitalInnovations product
    code: EBAY12602XTELEPHOTOLENSFUJIFILMFORFUJIFINEPIXS5200S5100

    mydpmail, Aug 2, 2008

  2. mydpmail

    Jeff R. Guest

    Can't speak for the actual one you linked to, but I just bought wide angle
    and tele supplementary lenses for my G9. like these ones:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190239335443
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170243242087

    They are complete and utter unreserved crap.

    The tele won't focus to infinity and the WA has to be zoomed up to avoid
    vignetting on its case, rendering it practically useless. Both lenses give
    photos the vaseline treatment, even when focussed as well as possible.

    I get *far* better results using digital zoom (for the tele) and by
    stitching multiple shots (for the WA.)

    I don't know why I keep buying this crud - I thought I'd learnt my lesson
    with teleconverters for the SLR, but no...

    Still - they were only pocket change and my trebuchet needs ammo anyway.

    Jeff R., Aug 2, 2008

  3. mydpmail

    Irwell Guest

    Probably not a very good lens.

    Irwell, Aug 2, 2008
  4. mydpmail

    mydpmail Guest

    Sorry to hear about your experience, but I appreciate your sharing it
    and saving others some money.

    mydpmail, Aug 2, 2008
  5. mydpmail

    me Guest

    On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 07:44:07 -0700 (PDT), in rec.photo.digital
    Unless it was specifically made for the camera like the old FC-8 was for
    the Nikon CP-990 and the camera was designed to use it I wouldn't think the
    results would be satisfactory.
    http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/CP_990/Fish/reduced/index.htm

    The later FC-9 for the CP-5700 didn't fare as well.

    me, Aug 2, 2008
  6. mydpmail

    Mark Thomas Guest

    It's pretty much been said above - I've tried a few of these lenses, and
    I actually own two..

    However, those two are an Olympus 0.7x wide angle converter and a
    Minolta 1.5x tele - both well-respected optical companies, and neither
    lens tries to do too much..

    They are both very large, very heavy and were quite expensive. While
    the results are sometimes useful.. mostly these add-on lenses just
    reveal that when you push an already-stretched-to-the-limit zoom lens by
    adding even more elements, the results will be less than satisfactory -
    vignetting, extra CA/coma, overall loss of sharpness and focal plane
    issues, you name it. And if the lens is not well-designed or matched to
    the primary lens, then it may be simply unusable.

    Mark Thomas, Aug 3, 2008