    method I have tried to clone the hard drive result in the new 120G hard
    drive not being usable. Usually it will boot to the opening XP screen and
    not going any further

    Bill Cotton, Aug 17, 2006

  2. Bill Cotton

    Plato Guest

    xxclone.com

    Plato, Aug 18, 2006

  3. Bill Cotton

    Bazzer Smith Guest

    Have you tried just selecting copying and pasting?

    Bazzer Smith, Aug 18, 2006
  4. Bill Cotton

    Bill Cotton Guest

    Bill Cotton, Aug 18, 2006
  5. Bill Cotton

    olfart Guest

    If you copy and paste it won't boot. You must make an image of the entire C
    drive.
    Plato suggested XXclone. This or many other available programs will do the
    job. I personally use CasperXP...whatever floats your boat. What OS do you
    have??

    olfart, Aug 18, 2006
  6. Bill Cotton

    bambam Guest

    Here is another option for you-

    http://www.miray.de/products/sat.hdclone.html

    bambam, Aug 18, 2006
  7. Bill Cotton

    Bill Cotton Guest

    I download the Western Digital program and it worked for me. This time.
    Previously I tried another brand HD and the clone program would not see the
    original HD. I reason that HP had a blocking device.
    Thanks to all for the suggestions

    Bill Cotton, Aug 18, 2006
  8. Bill Cotton

    Bazzer Smith Guest

    Well it did for me when I tried it, albeit not on a HP machine.
    It was an older machine and a 2 gig drive but I don't see that makes
    a difference.
    As long as you have a copy of all the files (you can forget the
    swop file) i don't see why you should have a problem.
    Mine booted just fine.

    Bazzer Smith, Aug 18, 2006
  9. Bill Cotton

    dennis Guest

    I've used Acronis with good success. The only thing that happens to me (and
    maybe I'm doing something wrong) is that if I were to go from a 80gb drive
    to larger drive the new drive would appear to be again 80GB but I could go
    into XP's disk manager and setup the remaining space on the new drive as a
    second partition.

    Like I said I could be doing something wrong but not really a big deal
    unless you are doing video stuff where you might need a gargantuan drive.

    Dennis

    dennis, Aug 19, 2006
  10. Bill Cotton

    Wizard Guest