    printing right. My printer has a Continuous Flow ink system so I have
    literally unlimited ink available.

    Is there anything I can do besides more head cleanings?

    Birk Binnard, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Birk Binnard

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "Birk Binnard"
    When I dedicated an Epson printer to black/white I ran a cleaning fluid cart
    thru the heads to wipe out all the color inks. Lysonic and MIS make cleaning
    carts for many Epsons, not certain about the chipped models like the 1280
    though. You can probably find them with Google. Dunno if this will work for
    you or not but worth a try.
    I've heard a lot of complaints about the Continuous Flow inks clogging Epson
    printers. One of the Shutterbug editors ended up replacing an Epson 1280 after
    using them, for example.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Tony Spadero, advised some time back that to turn the printer on and off
    once a day allowing the printer to go through its head cleaning cycle which
    helps keep the printer trouble free, I seldom have to clean the heads
    so I think Tony is right on target about that.

    with regard to your advice Bill, not to far off I think the cleaning cartridges availble
    through www.inkjetmall.com may solve Birk's problem.

    At this point there's nothing to lose and all to gain.

    When I dedicated an Epson printer to black/white I ran a cleaning fluid cart
    thru the heads to wipe out all the color inks. Lysonic and MIS make cleaning
    carts for many Epsons, not certain about the chipped models like the 1280
    though. You can probably find them with Google. Dunno if this will work for
    you or not but worth a try.
    I've heard a lot of complaints about the Continuous Flow inks clogging Epson
    printers. One of the Shutterbug editors ended up replacing an Epson 1280 after
    using them, for example.

    Bill
    [/QUOTE]

    Gregory W. Blank, Aug 24, 2003
  4. Birk Binnard

    Birk Binnard Guest

    I called the Epson tech support folks and they said I need to take the
    printer to a repair place....the implication being that i need a new
    printhead.

    As far as the CFS goes....those systems use the same ink that refillable
    cartridges use. So I doubt that's a problem.

    Birk Binnard, Aug 24, 2003
  5. Birk Binnard

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "Birk Binnard"
    You might check out this site, which tested the 3rd party inks and found them
    lacking for clogging and/or print quality and print longevity.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Aug 24, 2003