    Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    ~ david ~

    Big.David.NJ, Mar 11, 2008

  2. Big.David.NJ

    VanguardLH Guest

    Check the timezone configured in Date applet in Control Panel.

    I don't use "atomic clock" (is the lower-cased name actually to mean
    the Atomic Clock utility or some generic family of time-sync
    products?). Maybe it has a setting regarding the timezone. Also, it
    may have a setting to NOT sync the time if there is more than N
    minutes of difference between the current time and the corrected time.
    I use SocketWatch and it has an option (that is not enabled) to not
    sync the time if the difference is more than 100 minutes (the default
    but can be changed).

    VanguardLH, Mar 11, 2008

  3. Big.David.NJ

    Mike Easter Guest

    This is the part where you name the specific utility.
    My specific NIST utility was obtained from the NIST site
    http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/service/its.htm Software and Instructions -
    Public Domain NIST Software - Windows 95 and later (32 or 64-bit) -
    Version 3.31 - 20 September 2007

    My utility requires that I have my timezone set correctly.

    As I am using a native W98se system on this computer, which native W98
    has not been upgraded with a 3rd party tool to autoset DST, then twice a
    year I reset my timezone from PST which is -0800 UTC to Arizona time
    which is -0700 UTC (corresponding to PDT) in the spring and then back to
    PST in the fall.

    That way my NIST gizmo can keep my computer's clock set accurately all
    the time.

    Mike Easter, Mar 11, 2008
  4. Big.David.NJ

    tom Guest

    I'm in the central time zone but after the DST change last Sunday I needed
    to change to the eastern time zone for my clock to correctly update. Not
    sure why but it's a simple change to get my computer clock to update
    correctly.

    tom, Mar 11, 2008
  5. Big.David.NJ

    Evan Platt Guest

    Sounds like you don't have the new Daylight Savings Time patch for
    Windoze.

    Evan Platt, Mar 11, 2008
  6. Big.David.NJ

    tom Guest