    the clock on my computer alters itself. i correct it and it doesnt seem to
    cause any other probs that i am aware of.
    why does it do this ? (windows xp.)

    gary hescott, Jan 13, 2008

  2. gary hescott

    SJP Guest

    Motherboard battery failing

    SJP, Jan 13, 2008

  3. gary hescott

    VanguardLH Guest

    in message

    By how much do you need to alter it? An hour every time?

    VanguardLH, Jan 13, 2008
  4. gary hescott

    ded Guest

    your description of problem is vague, but it's probably the CMOS battery
    Read this:
    http://www.pctechbytes.com/computer/article-21.html

    Then google: replacing CMOS battery
    You'll get plenty of results on how to do it

    ded, Jan 13, 2008
  5. gary hescott

    Plato Guest

    It has nothing to do with XP.

    However, it's often due to your cmos battery needing replacing or some
    dodgy app you are running 24.7

    Plato, Jan 14, 2008
  6. gary hescott

    Plato Guest

    I've had computers with perfect cmos batteries and fresh OS and the
    clock never was accurate. Sometimes the cmos battery circuit on the
    motherboard goes bad and the only thing you can do in that case is use a
    time synchronizer.

    Plato, Jan 14, 2008
  7. gary hescott

    BK Guest

    If it happens after a shutdown, then you need to replace your BIOS
    battery (the small battery on your machine's motherboard), a relatively
    easy fix.

    BK, Jan 16, 2008