  1. Ferd.Berfle

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    Can anyone an article or claim put forth by the IPCC that is correct?

    Sunday, February 21, 2010
    OOPS Never-mind! Climate Scientists Withdraw IPCC-Related Article Claiming
    Sea is Rising

    "No nation, however large or small, wealthy or poor, can escape the impact
    of climate change. Rising sea levels threaten every coastline," Said
    President Obama at the G20 summit in Pittsburgh last year.
    The President forgot to mention that ever since the last ice-age 10,000
    years ago, sea levels have been rising. So unless the Neanderthals imitating
    Al Gore and flying private jets and driving gas guzzlers, rising sea levels
    are not caused by global warming but by natural phenomena.

    Last year two scientists published a paper which said the ocean rise was
    accelerating and unless we did something about global warming the sea levels
    would rise by up to 82cm (32 1/3 inches) by the end of century. But "OOPS
    they were were wrong, the report's author now says true estimate is still
    unknown so the report was withdrawn.

    The study, published in 2009 in Nature Geoscience, one of the top journals
    in its field, confirmed the conclusions of the 2007 report from the
    Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). It used data over the last
    22,000 years to predict that sea level would rise by between 7cm and 82cm by
    the end of the century.

    At the time, Mark Siddall, from the Earth Sciences Department at the
    University of Bristol, said the study "strengthens the confidence with which
    one may interpret the IPCC results". The IPCC said that sea level would
    probably rise by 18cm-59cm by 2100, though stressed this was based on
    incomplete information about ice sheet melting and that the true rise could
    be higher.

    Many scientists criticised the IPCC approach as too conservative, and
    several papers since have suggested that sea level could rise more. Martin
    Vermeer of the Helsinki University of Technology, Finland and Stefan
    Rahmstorf of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research in Germany
    published a study in December that projected a rise of 0.75m to 1.9m by
    2100.

    Siddall said that he did not know whether the retracted paper's estimate
    of sea level rise was an overestimate or an underestimate.

    Announcing the formal retraction of the paper from the journal, Siddall
    said: "It's one of those things that happens. People make mistakes and
    mistakes happen in science." He said there were two separate technical
    mistakes in the paper, which were pointed out by other scientists after it
    was published. A formal retraction was required, rather than a correction,
    because the errors undermined the study's conclusion.

    "Retraction is a regular part of the publication process," he said.
    "Science is a complicated game and there are set procedures in place that
    act as checks and balances."

    Nature Publishing Group, which publishes Nature Geoscience, said this was
    the first paper retracted from the journal since it was launched in 2007.

    The paper - entitled "Constraints on future sea-level rise from past
    sea-level change" - used fossil coral data and temperature records derived
    from ice-core measurements to reconstruct how sea level has fluctuated with
    temperature since the peak of the last ice age, and to project how it would
    rise with warming over the next few decades.

    In a statement the authors of the paper said: "Since publication of our
    paper we have become aware of two mistakes which impact the detailed
    estimation of future sea level rise. This means that we can no longer draw
    firm conclusions regarding 21st century sea level rise from this study
    without further work.

    "One mistake was a miscalculation; the other was not to allow fully for
    temperature change over the past 2,000 years. Because of these issues we
    have retracted the paper and will now invest in the further work needed to
    correct these mistakes."

    In the Nature Geoscience retraction, in which Siddall and his colleagues
    explain their errors, Vermeer and Rahmstorf are thanked for "bringing these
    issues to our attention".
    Anybody know if Wal-Mart will allow me to return that SCUBA gear I bought
    last year when the rising ocean report first came out?This is getting a bit
    silly, its time for the IPCC to post the video of Gilda Ratner's Emly
    Litella on their site.... oh, never mind

    http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2010/02/oops-never-mind-climate-scientists.html

    Ferd.Berfle, Feb 21, 2010

  2. Ferd.Berfle

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Ferd.Berfle Post:
    Another fun read, Thanks for sharing.

    OldGringo38, Feb 21, 2010

  3. Ferd.Berfle

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    http://antigreen.blogspot.com/
    Monday, February 22, 2010

    Evidence that Al Gore does not believe in the sea-level rise he preaches

    Below are two real-estate advertisements. Would Gore invest in a seaside
    property if he thought the sea was going to rise and swamp him?

    FIGURE EIGHT ISLAND REAL ESTATE

    This private, peaceful ocean side haven offers bright blue waters and long
    stretches of beach, and is home to notables like Al Gore, John Edwards, and
    others who relish seclusion and natural surroundings. This 1,300 acre 5 mile
    island does not offer hotels, shopping centers, and tourism. However if bird
    watching, quiet walks and sunbathing is your strong suit you may find life
    here appealing. There are only 441 homes, no condos, but it does offer
    proximity to activity rich Wilmington, NC. Enjoy the myriad architectural
    styles of neatly cared for properties if you can get onto the island. If
    this is your style, Figure 8 Island may be your place.

    SOURCE

    Figure Eight Island is one of the places in North Carolina that is home to
    many celebrity houses. Celebrities like John Edwards and former Vice
    President Al Gore own houses on this island. The island has beautiful views
    as it is located between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean.
    The entire island only has about 440 houses making it an ideal place for
    couples and individuals to relax. It is also home to many beautiful exotic
    animal species. If you are looking for a vacation house, check out the
    Figure Eight island real estate. Wrightsville beach real estate also offers
    many bargains and great houses.

    SOURCE

    Ferd.Berfle, Feb 22, 2010
  4. Ferd.Berfle

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Ferd.Berfle Post:
    Again thanks

    OldGringo38, Feb 22, 2010
  5. Ferd.Berfle

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The §nühw¤£f Post:<ignore>
    Has anyone heard from God regarding this catastrophe yet?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah's_Ark

    OldGringo38, Feb 22, 2010
  6. Ferd.Berfle

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    LOL!

    Nothing like seeing the true believers in the inerrancy of the IPCC posting
    articles from the RealClimate, the official web site of the Global Warming
    Fundamentalists.

    Ferd.Berfle, Feb 22, 2010
  7. Ferd.Berfle

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Feb 23, 2010
  8. Ferd.Berfle

    Rick Guest

    Well, the island nations, like the Mauritanians are pretty durn worked
    up about it.

    Oh, I see, you think the earth is sinking, not that the ocean is rising.

    Rick, Feb 24, 2010
  9. Ferd.Berfle

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    Yes. Some of the earth is sinking and some is rising.
    (The so called "Climate Scientists" may or may not know that either)

    Ferd.Berfle, Feb 24, 2010
  10. Ferd.Berfle

    Ferd.Berfle Guest

    That's been preety obvious, hasn't it?

    Ferd.Berfle, Feb 25, 2010
  11. Ferd.Berfle

    my Guest

    Here is what he said DIMWIT:

    If you had a proper news reader you would show
    the previous message correctly.

    It was:

    No Cigar.

    You have had your ass beat so many times, it now seems
    normal operation for you.

    LMAO

    my, Feb 27, 2010
  12. Ferd.Berfle