    Can anyone please help me resolve this issue? What's causing it and
    why can't I install it?

    Thanks!

    -Karl, Feb 6, 2008

  2. -Karl

    Theo Guest

    Exactly where are you wanting to install this?

    What Operating System?

    Theo, Feb 6, 2008

  3. -Karl

    -Karl Guest

    What Operating System?? This is a XP 64 channel, thus I am asking for
    help on XP64. As of where? The client for MS Networks is in the
    properties of the NIC. Why these questions? Do you know Windows?

    -Karl, Feb 6, 2008
  4. -Karl

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Karl.

    This newsgroup is also for Vista x64 - and any other 64-bit Windows
    operating system.

    Including all pertinent details in your original posts cuts down on
    follow-up questions.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Feb 6, 2008
  5. -Karl

    -Karl Guest

    This newsgroup is also for Vista x64 - and any other 64-bit Windows
    My apologies on that.

    I don't understand his 2nd question. How else can one install the
    CFMN (Client for MS Networks)?

    -Karl, Feb 6, 2008
  6. -Karl

    Theo Guest

    I asked because there are a significant number of posts
    asking about 32-bit XP Home, XP Pro, Vista Home, etc.

    I will go back and find your original note to see what the
    question was.

    Theo, Feb 6, 2008
  7. No, it is not an XP 64 channel. It is a Windows 64bit newsgroup just like
    the title says. Since that includes XP x64, Vista x64, Windows Server 2003
    x64, Windows Server 2008 x64 and so on, including x64 for Itanium platforms
    (IA64), we usually ask when the user does not state the OS.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 6, 2008
  8. -Karl

    Theo Guest

    From my looking at my systems, the question to me is "how
    did client for ms networks get uninstalled?"

    When I make a new LAN, WLAN connection, the Client for MS
    Networks is installed by default.

    In my Dial-up connection it's listed there but not checked
    as being used.

    Have you checked to ensure the RPC service is running?

    Theo, Feb 6, 2008
  9. -Karl

    -Karl Guest

    Just checked again and the service is set to automatic and it is
    started using the Network Service Account. There are numerous
    services that depend on this Service but this service doesn't depend
    on any others.

    I thought it was unusual when the client was missing from my NIC.

    Here is my Google search which also shows this is not a new issue.
    http://www.google.com/search?q="cli...ox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLJ

    -Karl, Feb 6, 2008
  10. -Karl

    -Karl Guest

    "how did client for ms networks get uninstalled?"

    --> When I tried to join my domain, that is when I 1st discovered the
    issue. I never tampered with the client prior.

    -Karl, Feb 6, 2008
  11. -Karl

    -Karl Guest

    Any chance someone might know the answer to this?

    -Karl, Feb 7, 2008
  12. Have you also posted to the standard networking newsgroups?

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 7, 2008
  13. -Karl

    -Karl Guest

    From what I've seen online, this issue has been an issue for xp64 but
    maybe it could affect 32-bit as well?? I can try postng there as
    well.

    -Karl, Feb 7, 2008
  14. The networking ng's are agnostic. They are for networking issues regardless
    of the bitness of the OS. Just like this ng is for questions about 64bit
    topics.

    From what I've seen online, this issue has been an issue for xp64 but

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 8, 2008