    know how. I did look at the mouse properties and options and the mouse
    installation options, but saw nothing there that would make the change.

    Help appreciated.

    skip, Nov 11, 2003

  2. "skip" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a new computer with XP-Home and it opens programs and documents

    with
    > a single click rather than a double click. I want to change this but

    don't
    > know how. I did look at the mouse properties and options and the

    mouse
    > installation options, but saw nothing there that would make the

    change.

    > Help appreciated.

    To change the number of mouse clicks required to open items

    1.. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
    a.. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    b.. Double-click Folder Options.
    2.. On the General tab, under Click items as follows, click the option
    you want.

    Steven Pilbeam, Nov 11, 2003

  3. skip

    skip Guest

    "Steven Pilbeam" <> wrote in message

    > "skip" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a new computer with XP-Home and it opens programs and documents

    > with
    > > a single click rather than a double click. I want to change this but

    > don't
    > > know how. I did look at the mouse properties and options and the

    > mouse
    > > installation options, but saw nothing there that would make the

    > change.
    > >
    > > Help appreciated.
    > >

    > To change the number of mouse clicks required to open items
    >
    > 1.. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
    > a.. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    > b.. Double-click Folder Options.
    > 2.. On the General tab, under Click items as follows, click the option
    > you want.

    Done. Thank you Steven.

    skip

    skip, Nov 11, 2003