    annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
    working) & how can I cure it.

    Andy.

    Andy Morrison, Dec 18, 2007

  2. Andy Morrison

    Evan Platt Guest

    Does it sound like the clicking is coming from the hard drive or
    something / somewhere else?

    Can you still use the computer when it does this?

    Evan Platt, Dec 18, 2007

  3. Andy Morrison

    Rôgêr Guest

    Frequently a hard drive going tits up does that.

    Rôgêr, Dec 18, 2007
  4. Andy Morrison

    Lookout Guest

    tango uniform...only the old military guys know that one...usually
    como.

    Lookout, Dec 18, 2007
  5. Andy Morrison

    Evan Platt Guest

    Somehow a billing call came to me (people will manage to hit random
    extension numbers..) I ask the guy for his username, and I'm used to
    the oddball usernames, and then these people using their own phonetic
    alphabet.. "Uhh that's B as in .. umm... bingo.. F as in .... Fame"
    (heck, it's almost harder to understand their phonetics - side note,
    I'd try to clue them in, like "Is that F as in Foxtrot or S as in
    Sierra?" and they'll say "Fame" again , and I still can't understand
    if they said Fame or Same.) So.. this guy tells me his username, then
    "Phonetically - " and spells it out using military phonetics. After he
    finishes, I'm like "Spend some time in the military?" and he laughs
    and sarcastically says "How'd you know?"

    Evan Platt, Dec 18, 2007
  6. Andy Morrison

    Pennywise Guest

    Kinda like this: http://tinyurl.com/d4nnw pry not as bad, but it will
    progress to that and your drive will be unusable.

    Other noises (that was 3) http://tinyurl.com/34y47

    Pennywise, Dec 18, 2007
  7. Andy Morrison

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    My favourite:

    'N' for gnome

    As seen in

    http://www.absolutelyandy.com/absolutely/videoclips/index_rm.htm

    Calum Gilhooley - Booking a flight to New York.

    Desk Rabbit, Dec 18, 2007
  8. Andy Morrison

    Plato Guest

    Sounds like a hard drive going bad.