    pages cached, and won't let go.

    Any ideas??

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    slumpy Guest

    With a rumble and a belch Tina - AffordableHOST.com decided to put the World
    to rights with this little speech from the heart...
    You didn't get the ransom note, did you ?
    Dammit, you can't trust Brian H to do anything when he's had a can or
    three....;-)

    slumpy, Nov 9, 2003

  3. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Don't pay the ransom, I managed to escape.

    Brian H¹©, Nov 9, 2003
  4. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    Ionizer Guest

    Hi, Tina:

    http://wkti.listenerpoints.com/wkti/techhelp/ie_clearcache.html

    Hope that helps,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Nov 9, 2003
  5. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    olfart Guest

    I had the same problem about a month ago shortly after upgrading to IE6. Did
    everything you have done and finally uninstalled IE6 and tried to go back to
    IE5.5-still no luck plus the fact that IE6 didn't want to uninstall through
    Add/Remove. Since I hadn't done a reformat and clean install of W98SE in
    about 2 years, I bit the bullet and did it. Needless to say the problem of
    the 4-5 unreachable sites was fixed and I only installed back up to IE5.5.
    Has been OK since so don't know the specific cause unless W98 and IE6
    developed a conflict.

    olfart, Nov 9, 2003
  6. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    °Mike° Guest

    Check your hosts file.

    °Mike°, Nov 9, 2003
  7. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    DH Guest

    Start Internet Explorer, click on help, click on About Internet Explorer.
    Scroll down in the little window and see what encryption level you're using.
    It should be at least 128-bit encryption. If it's less than 128-bit, then
    you've more than likely found your problem. Update your encryption level. If
    it's already 128-bit then it's something else.

    DH, Nov 10, 2003