    come up in a search. Dopes anyone have any suggestions. I'm running
    98, and I also plan to bring cw shredder to work. Thanks
    Steve

    steve budget, Apr 2, 2004

  2. steve budget

    Jason Guest

    You deleted every file created the date it got infected? lol May I
    sugest format c: then reinstall now that you've totally screwed up your
    system.

    Didn't the installaton and running of a decent anti virus program enter
    you head at any point in this farce?

    Jason

    Jason, Apr 2, 2004

  3.
    MickityMizack, Apr 2, 2004
  4. steve budget

    Bill Unger Guest

    sweet!!

    word of the day, boys and girls: fubar
    words of the day, used in a sentence: your machine is fubar

    as a side note, you can get free fix tools from McAfee and Norton that would
    have cleaned that up for you in about 15 minutes ( do a search on McAfee
    Stinger )

    Bill Unger, Apr 2, 2004

  5. chances are, the mess wasn't caused by the virus. you fill in the blanks
    from this point forward.

    this isn't alt.computer.moron

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."

    Colonel Flagg, Apr 2, 2004
  6. steve budget

    kulm_nd Guest

    If it is NOT running Win 2000 or Win 95 use START|RUN and enter MSCONFIG.
    Press OK and go to the STARTUP tab, look for the entry that tries to start
    lshdujsh.exe, uncheck the box, click OK and reboot. If it is running Win
    2000 then down load Startup Cop (free) and it does what MSCONFIG does.

    kulm_nd, Apr 2, 2004
  7. steve budget

    johns Guest

    Check startup .. and the equivalent in the registry. You'll get it.
    You did the right thing. The bonehead that says you didn't is
    a bonehead ! Still, a better approach would be to use larger
    hard drives ... 120 gig ... on all your systems at work. Split
    them C: 40 gig D: rest, and buy PowerQuest DriveImage
    2002 . Image your C drive to the D drive, and create the
    rescue floppies made by DriveImage. Then, if you get hacked,
    you can copy off any recent data if need be, and then simply
    restore the image of the C-drive in 15 - 20 minutes, and you
    are back up clean as a whistle. No problem. Also, just in
    case you have not done a recent image .. say in a week,
    maintain copies of daily work on the d-drive ... put your
    working directories there. Viruses are stupid. They don't
    speak "D-drive" ... or "E-drive" even, so you only have
    to defrag and image about once a month, and you are
    fine. Another blessing about DriveImage is that it can clone
    your hard drive to a new hard drive easily by just slaving
    the new drive, booting the floppies, and running the clone
    program. Lets you resize partitions to much bigger, and
    clones all your partitions and backups. THAT IS REAL
    NETWORK SECURITY !!!!!!!!!!!!

    johns

    johns, Apr 2, 2004
  8. steve budget

    Bill Unger Guest

    uhhhhhhh.... that's called Disaster Recovery Planning.... not Network
    Security

    Bill Unger, Apr 2, 2004