    cant seem to find it in the options. The last time I clicked on 'ok' by
    accidentinstead of cancel and it cleared out many important emails

    TIA for any suggestions

    Super Duper MMI, Dec 9, 2006

  2. Super Duper MMI

    Mike Easter Guest

    Check your maintenance configuration.

    OE has a maintenance configuration in OE/ Tools/ Maintenance tab where
    you configure to empty messages from the deleted items folder on exit
    and whether or not you compact messages in the background. In that
    background compacting, read message bodies can be deleted a configurable
    number of days and messages can be compacted when there is a
    configurable percent 'wasted space'.

    That section is also where you can manually cleanup.

    Without some kind of cleanup 'plan', automated or otherwise, OE's
    folder/files can become very messy or bulky which can lead to
    corruption, because OE isn't actually a very good database. OE's normal
    behavior is to not 'remove' deleted items from a folder unless/until
    compacted.

    There are advantages and disadvantages to automatically compacting
    messages in the background, because bad 'things' can happen during that
    compacting which can lead to corruption. If you don't automatically
    compact, you should periodically manually compact on some kind of
    maintenance schedule.

    Tom Koch has a page discussing maintenance...

    http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm
    How to Maintain Your OE Store Folder
    Automatic Maintenance (background compaction)
    Compact Your OE Folders
    Clean Up Your OE News Folders

    .... and he has a lot of other useful information at that site

    Mike Easter, Dec 9, 2006