    Eric Ogawa Guest

    Is there a way to do a clean install using Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
    Retail Upgrade?

    Eric Ogawa, Nov 6, 2009

  2. Eric Ogawa

    David B. Guest

    Yes, Google will yield a multitude of hits.

    David B., Nov 6, 2009

  3. If I Remember Correctly it is completely against Microsoft's rules, and
    illegal, to request any information that would be consider circumventing
    Microsoft's EULA. If you buy an Upgrade version, it is ILLEGAL to
    circumvent that license agreement which is effective the moment you open
    the package.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 6, 2009
  4. Eric Ogawa

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    In which country?

    It's certainly not illegal in the UK, it may breach MSFT's licence
    conditions but that would be a matter for the civil courts.

    Jeff Gaines, Nov 6, 2009
  5. Ease up, Bobby. Clean install isn't necessarily installing as a _first_ OS.
    I use upgrade media and do clean installs all the time. Over existing XP or
    Vista installations.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 6, 2009
  6. Eric Ogawa

    Bo Persson Guest

    In many countries, large parts of the EULA is invalid, beacuse it
    obviously conflicts with the local Consumer's Rights legislation.
    Especially the "By opening this package..."-part. For some reason,
    Microsoft has never taken this to the courts!

    Some of us will have to do a clean install next year, or so, when we
    have to replace a broken hard disk. What if you then only have your
    upgrade DVD? Would you buy a new license?

    Bo Persson

    Bo Persson, Nov 7, 2009
  7. Eric Ogawa

    spock Guest

    To do an upgrade from XP X64 you have to do a clean install there is no option.

    spock, Nov 8, 2009