    upgrade skills and obtain MCSD.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    JohnT

    John, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Hi John,

    There is absolutely no requirement for classroom training. Study the MSDN
    Library and other documentation. Get some real-world experience. Read some
    books for review if you have some money to spend on them.

    Cindy Winegarden, Nov 12, 2003

  3. John

    Stacie Guest

    So, Cindy. You passed with "ease"?
    How did you study? Courses or recommended books? I'm
    getting ready to take the test - dive into the MCSD. The
    books the Microsoft recommends should be sufficient study
    guides, in your opinion? Can you recommend others? And
    should I have VB, XML and SQL Experience if I want to
    succeed?
    Thanks for any advise.

    Stacie

    Stacie, Nov 14, 2003
  4. In 0cdc01c3aa46$9397d620$,
    Hi Stacie,

    My MCSD is in the VS6 track. I haven't yet taken any of the .NET exams.

    My exam prep experience is rather unique - when the Visual FoxPro exams were
    in their Beta period, a group of people decided to study together twice a
    week in a chat room. There were _no_ exam-specific study materials; only the
    Help and of course books that were on the market. We divided up the syllabus
    topics and each presented one to the group.

    I heartily recommend studying with someone else, or even a group of people.
    I'm doing exactly that with several of the .NET exams; we are working
    through the MS Press books although I'm sure there are topics they don't
    cover or cover well enough for exam preparation.

    Cindy Winegarden, Nov 14, 2003
  5. John

    Stacie Guest

    You are very intuitive.
    Yes, I'm going for the MCSD .NET.
    Thanks for letting me know that I may need to go above
    and beyond the MS Press books.
    There IS strength in numbers and team work.
    Good way to succeed.
    Good luck, ( if you need it )!

    Stacie, Nov 14, 2003
  6. Going to start MCSD on VC++6.0 Track? belive me you have very little time if
    ur fresh start. but you can...

    Shanmuga Raja, Dec 7, 2003