    anyone know where I could take it for repair/replacement in the
    Wellington area?

    Thanks in advance.

    Daniel, Dec 20, 2004

  2. Daniel

    Jerry Guest

    Just take it back where you got it.

    Regards, Jerry

    Jerry, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Jerry Guest

    Just take it back where you got it.

    Regards, Jerry

    Jerry, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Thanks Jerry.

    Would if I could. Unfortunately, don't know who the retailer was
    (assuming they're still in business). The drive has almost reached the
    end of it's 3 year manufacturers warranty.

    Hmmm... I wonder if I can use the s/n to trace the NZ distributor(??)

    Daniel, Dec 20, 2004
  6. Daniel

    Richard Guest

    Go to the seagate website, fill in the form, courier to an address at the
    airport, within a week or 2, and replacement drive will arrive.

    I suggest you thrash the drive for a few weeks as I had a replacemnt die pretty
    quickly

    Richard, Dec 20, 2004
  8. Daniel

    # Guest

    This should give you the warranty details, and at least the NZ distributor
    (ie Ingram Micro etc)

    http://support.seagate.com/customer/warranty_validation.jsp

    #, Dec 20, 2004

  10. Yes all 10 of them..

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 20, 2004

  11. Yes all 10 of them..

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 20, 2004
  12. Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 20, 2004
  13. Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 20, 2004

  14. Before you send the Drive back, read the RMA Info on the Seagate site on how
    to pack up a drive..

    No it does not go back to Seagate but the packing is important.

    Most Agents and shops do not know how to pack a drive for shipments.

    That is the main cause of all failures.

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 20, 2004
  16. Daniel

    Richard Guest

    I have used it several times with there active-x on the site to actually query
    the smart status it makes the process almost too easy.

    Richard, Dec 20, 2004
  17. Daniel

    Richard, Dec 20, 2004
  18. Daniel

    # Guest

    Have you ever tried entering a NZ distributed Hard Drive through this site?

    Obviously the answer in *NO*

    Please make sure that you know what you are talking about before shooting
    off in future, *please*

    #, Dec 20, 2004
  20. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Thanks for the info.

    I've just filled in the details for the RMA and I got a delivery address
    to Singapore. Should I have got a different address, or did you mean
    that I courier from the airport?

    Daniel, Dec 20, 2004