    everything that defines what you are in order to defend what you are"? Gawd
    what a horseshit line.

    Eric B.

    Eric B., Jan 19, 2006

  2. Bob

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Here are three little words that should convince criminal-coddling
    wingnuts like you that the Executive should not have unlimited power
    to ignore the law: President Hillary Clinton.

    Paul Rubin, Jan 19, 2006

  3. Bob

    Eric B. Guest

    The freedom we all enjoy in America now is precisely because our forefathers
    had the courage to fight, dirty if they had to. Millions of them gave their
    lives for it. But we are in a different kind of war now. Are we willing to
    give up certain freedoms for our own protection? We are going to lose our
    freedom anyway. America will become a police state, like Israel. Let's see
    how many more attacks it takes to convince you.

    Eric B.

    Eric B., Jan 19, 2006
  4. Bob

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Stupid comparison. How about this:

    You've got a really nice garden at your house. You've worked hard on it, and
    you love it. I come over and say, "hey, I think I'd like to destroy that
    garden." And you say, "oh yeah, I'll stop you from doing that," and you
    pour gasoline on the garden and burn it to the ground. Does that make
    sense?

    You can't defend freedom by giving it up.

    Jeremy Nixon, Jan 19, 2006
  5. Bob

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    No. Absolutely, unequivocally not.
    I think you need to get the hell out of my country.

    Jeremy Nixon, Jan 19, 2006
  6. Bob

    Tony Cooper Guest

    A lawyer is duck hunting in Tennessee and shoots a duck that falls on
    a farmer's land. The lawyer starts to climb the fence to retrieve the
    duck, but the farmer stops him saying "That's my land, so that's my
    duck".

    The lawyer threatens to sue the farmer, but the farmer offers to
    settle the matter by Tennessee Arbitration. The puzzled lawyer asks
    what this is, and the farmer says "We each hit the other guy in the
    face as hard as we can. We keep doing this until one of us gives up,
    and the one that doesn't give up keeps the duck."

    The lawyer is a big guy, and very fit. The farmer is a skinny old
    guy. So, the lawyer goes along with the Tennessee Arbitration. The
    farmer says, according to the rules, that he goes first because he
    owns the land where the duck is.

    The farmer hauls off and punches the lawyer in the face, breaking his
    nose and knocking out a few teeth. Bloodied, but unbowed, the lawyer
    staggers to his feet and says "Now it's my turn".

    "Naw," says the farmer. "I give up. Y'all can have the duck."

    Tony Cooper, Jan 19, 2006
  7. Bob

    Eric B. Guest

    Nah, if you actually elect her then you deserve whatever we get.

    Eric B.

    Eric B., Jan 19, 2006
  8. Bob

    Eric B. Guest

    No, not even a little sense.
    Some freedoms will be given up. It is inevitable. Like we gave up the
    freedom to walk on to airplanes with box cutters. Are you willing to die for
    the right to bring your box cutter on a plane? Some freedoms are negotiable.

    Let's get even more specific.Would you give up the freedom to be able to
    walk certain places without showing ID in order that we can be better able
    to thwart terrorist attacks? I wouldn't like it, no sir. But I would give it
    up if it could prevent another 911. And you would too, if you aren't mad.

    Eric B.

    Eric B., Jan 19, 2006
  9. Bob

    Eric B. Guest

    You are definitely under 30. Probably under 20. Come back to this
    conversation when you have some life experience.

    Eric B.

    Eric B., Jan 19, 2006
  10. Bob

    Lorem Ipsum Guest

    I hope you aren't an American.

    Lorem Ipsum, Jan 19, 2006
  11. Bob

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Benjamin Franklin

    I have never been impressed by cowards who would give up everybody's
    freedom so that they might feel safe from fabricated bogeymen.

    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the
    Blood of Patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.
    Thomas Jefferson

    Ray Fischer, Jan 19, 2006
  12. Bob

    Ray Fischer Guest

    And have become a coward scared of the bogeymen that the government
    creates to justify their power over you?

    Ray Fischer, Jan 19, 2006
  13. Bob

    Lorem Ipsum Guest

    I think you are full of shit, Eric, and I've been 20 three times over.

    Lorem Ipsum, Jan 19, 2006
  14. Bob

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    I am neither. You are a coward and don't deserve to call yourself American.
    Why? It's not very productive.

    Jeremy Nixon, Jan 19, 2006
  15. Bob

    Eric B. Guest

    So everyone that walked into Times Square and was searched beforehand is a
    coward? is that what you are saying?

    Eric B.

    Eric B., Jan 19, 2006
  16. Bob

    Eric B. Guest

    Sorry, ad hominem doesn't make for an argument.

    Eric B.

    Eric B., Jan 19, 2006
  17. Bob

    Eric B. Guest

    As I previously mentioned, name calling does not equate to a valid argument.
    Try again.

    I suggested that certain freedoms will continue to be given up. You have not
    addressed the fact that we can no longer bring box cutters on airplanes. You
    are saying that people who give up the right to bring a box cutter on an
    airplane are cowards? People that submit to body searches to get into the
    airport are cowards and un-American? Is that correct?

    Eric B.

    Eric B., Jan 20, 2006
  18. Bob

    eawckyegcy Guest

    Eric B. blithers senselessly:
    Eric B., you may recall yesterday I said you were just being
    "deliberately" ignorant. Well, I now officially pronounce you "truly
    stupid", and likely defective beyond repair. I mean, what else can I
    do? You utter an ad hominem argument ("You are definitely under 30
    [...]"), someone calls you on it, and you now start crying about ad
    hominem arguments. I mean, really? Haven't you got some leaders ass
    to kiss or something? Or does he tell you to babble on without cogent
    purpose in USENET? Secret messages from el presidente received via the
    snap, crackle and pop of your breakfast cereal?

    eawckyegcy, Jan 20, 2006
  19. Bob

    Jer Guest

    I don't recall giving up a damn thing. I do recall having some freedoms
    foisted away from me. I also recall thinking that the terrorists have
    already begun to win, given the current context of this thread and the
    current attitude in the Beltway.

    Sure, why wouldn't I be? Didja think I was some kinda wimp? Tell you
    what... go ahead, come after me with a box cutter, and see how fast
    you'll can eat it.
    I'm not mad Eric, I'm just more experienced at killing things than you
    are. I got my experience in a real war, with real foxholes, and real
    people losing their faces to real bombs. I still remember the first
    time, it was like yesterday. Please tell me how I'm a coward.

    Jer, Jan 20, 2006
  20. Bob

    Jer Guest

    If the search was optional, I'd say yes, of course.

    Jer, Jan 20, 2006