City sued over limits on photography (article from today's (NJ) Bergen Record)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bob, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. http://earth.google.com/
    http://maps.google.com/

    Allodoxaphobia, Jan 12, 2006

  2. Bob

    Frank ess Guest

    From here you look about 10-point. About a seventh of an inch, I
    think.

    There! Now you're 8-point!

    Heh.

    --
    Frank ess
    "You know my method, Watson.
    It is founded upon
    the observation of trifles."
    -Sherlock Holmes-

    Frank ess, Jan 12, 2006

  3. Per RichA:
    Or, heaven forbid, listened to that lady FBI agent who was trying to tell them
    about it way before it happened....

    (PeteCresswell), Jan 12, 2006
  4. Bob

    Jim Redelfs Guest

    ....and Jeremy appears to have come from QUEENS while
    Rakesh Sharma appears to have come from flight school.

    But we don't "profile". Nooooo...

    It's a NEW world, folks.

    <sigh>
    JR

    Jim Redelfs, Jan 13, 2006
  5. Bob

    Taswolf Guest

    Sorry, that still counts. "No parking" means you can stop there while
    Maybe you are, but I (along with perhaps 90 percent of the thinking public)
    hate people like you. Go ahead and drop your wife off to get inside without
    having to walk 100 miles (figuratively speaking). Then, and here is the
    point
    you kind of people miss, MOVE YOUR CAR.....
    Just keep an eye out for your wife. If you have to keep driving around and
    around then so be it.
    If your wife is so handicapped that she can't walk into the store and do her
    shopping
    and then walk out again to your car, YOU should have handicap a DP access
    license. Lazy ass, or incompetent?

    T.W.

    Taswolf, Jan 13, 2006
  6. The reason I say this is because I AM disabled and I use the disabled spots
    when needed and not in no parking zone.

    If we all just did what we felt like, society would fail to function.

    Crass I'm fine with, at least I'm not being an asshole playing semantics
    with security guard just trying to do his job. Next time park in proper spot
    and you won't have an issue.

    Steve Franklin, Jan 13, 2006
  7. Amazing how you react to such a thing without knowing the circumstances. If
    you only knew then maybe you wouldn't be so crude and hateful.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 13, 2006
  8. And when there are no handicapped spots to park in, or you have no
    handicapped parking permit and you have a person who needs crutches what
    would you do?

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 13, 2006
  9. Bob

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Let the person out of the car next to the building/store/whatever.
    then move the car and park someplace legal, which might have to be far
    away. When the person with crutches is ready to leave the store,
    bring the car back. Cell phones help with this, but if necessary,
    walk back to the store after parking wherever, in order to be with the
    passenger so you know when to go get the car.

    Paul Rubin, Jan 13, 2006
  10. Bob

    Taswolf Guest

    Sure I would. The rule applies to everyone.
    Including you.

    T.W.

    Taswolf, Jan 13, 2006
  11. Bob

    Jasen Guest

    Someone will probably start working on the Universal Rule Of Everything.
    Hell, it feels like that everything we do has a rule attached to it....I'm
    sure I can't scratch my ass in public without it contravening some damn
    statute!!

    Jasen, Jan 13, 2006
  12. Bob

    Jasen Guest

    and I'll bet the very fact he is a non-white didn't help him either?!
    Surely not, America isn't racist!!

    Jasen, Jan 13, 2006
  13. You are, of course, foolishly assuming the handicapped people didn't drive
    themselves to the store. Handicapped people are known to be independent and
    self-sufficient from time to time.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Jan 13, 2006
  14. You're right Paul, that is what I should have. I've never parked in a
    handicapped spot and never will, I'm fortunate to have two good legs.
    Although the guard was doing his job, I let his abusiveness get to me.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 13, 2006
  15. I don't think that's what Paul is doing, he's referring to my situation and
    he described it accurately.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 13, 2006
  16. Bob

    Bill Funk Guest

    Being one, I am very familiar with the idea that being handicapped,
    with proper plates, does not let me park in a red zone. Handicapped
    spots are what those plates are for.
    Not even in a IJBAM circumstances.
    Don't make excuses where they are just wrong.

    Bill Funk, Jan 13, 2006
  17. Bob

    Eric B. Guest

    Let me ask you this. If the cops were on the lookout for an escaped Asian
    convict would you be crying racism when they only question Asians?

    Every country has racists, even Australia you twit. So take the self
    righteous judgmental bullshit elsewhere.

    Eric B.

    Eric B., Jan 13, 2006
  18. What, all Arabs?

    --
    Kulvinder Singh Matharu
    Website : www.metalvortex.com

    "It ain't Coca Cola, it's rice", Straight to Hell - The Clash

    Kulvinder Singh Matharu, Jan 13, 2006
  19. I just jumped in the thread late and didn't get the full details so I
    wrongly assumed Paul was slamming the handicapped. I apologize for this and
    I would never make excuses for people that don't respect handicapped
    people's rights or restrict their access.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Jan 13, 2006
  20. Bob

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Go into the store for them. Or drop them off and then park the car properly.

    Sitting there like an asshole and arguing with a security guard who is
    *right* are not among the things I would do. Saying "she's handicapped,
    so I'm sitting on my ass in the car while she goes into the store" is
    not among the things I would say.

    Jeremy Nixon, Jan 13, 2006