CiscoWorks - Device fault manager HighUtilization Event every time.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jkt.nocrack, Jun 19, 2008.

  1. jkt.nocrack

    jkt.nocrack Guest

    Hello,

    I've got an issue with the device fault manager on CiscoWorks.
    Basically, what i wanted to do was to stop the ExceededMaximumUptime
    reported to many times on all my routers (ADSL interface). I tried to
    do some tweaking but even if I don't have ExceededMaximumUptime
    anymore, a HighUtilization alert replaced it (with many more alert :-
    ( ).
    What I did :
    Edited a customisable interface group.
    create ruel expression : Interfaces.Type equals "ADSL"
    Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds > edit and set dial-on-
    demand interface support settings - maximum uptime to 0 (default value
    7200).
    settings priority > Interface Threshold Groups > putted the group on
    the first position. then saved the config.

    I don't know what's wrong with that, but obviously it's not good.
    I could set the HighUtilization value to 80 or more (default value :
    40%) but i had some crazy value reported (more than 200% sometimes).
    so It's not relevant to change it.

    Any help is more than welcome :)
    Many Thanks

    jkt.nocrack, Jun 19, 2008