    Someone mentioned something about tricking the Windows 2003 Server into
    being a Windows 2000 Server, in which case Ciscoworks 2000 would install.

    Anything on this subject would be great!!!

    Itchy'n'Scratchie, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Itchy'n'Scratchie

    ntlhell Guest

    i've done much the same things with service packs... changing the version to
    install software.

    perhaps the installation program looks up a registry entry regarding the
    o.s. and makes its decision on that?

    ntlhell, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Itchy'n'Scratchie

    Patrick Guest

    Windows 2003 has a Application Compatibility utility which will
    emulate the version of OS an application needs. Check out Microsoft
    TechNet for this. Hope this helps.

    Patrick, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Itchy'n'Scratchie

    PastyPies Guest

    Hi,

    I have never used Win 2003 server but presumably you can run software in
    compatibility mode like in Win XP and Win 2K server/pro etc.

    It's got to be worth a shot installing and running in Win 2k mode if you
    haven't tried it already.

    PastyPies, Oct 18, 2003
  5. I'll give that a try and let you know how I go.

    Thanks!

    Itchy'n'Scratchie, Oct 18, 2003
  6. Itchy'n'Scratchie

    Neil Pike Guest

    apcompat.exe

    Neil Pike
    Protech Computing Ltd
    (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)

    Neil Pike, Nov 4, 2003