CiscoSecure ACS replication & Check Point Firewall

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Alexals, Jan 17, 2004.

  1. Alexals

    Alexals Guest

    Dear techies,
    I hope all of you can help me with this thoughest
    problem. I had two CiscoACS servers (ver 3.2.1 on Windows 2K) which
    both of it are behind both Check Point firewall (NG AI). As I
    understand from the CiscoSecure documentation on database
    replications, the data is in encrypted format and it used port 2000
    for data transfering between both radiuses. I had setup Check Point
    firewall and allowed port 2002 for database replication between both
    radiuses.

    Both of my radiuses using pre-shared secret key in order for both
    radiuses securely communicate between each others. When I initialized
    database replication process on first firewall, after a while an error
    message occured saying "Database replication to ACS 'radius' aborted -
    shared secret mismatch". The second radius reported the same error
    message. I'm not sure whether the firewall had modified the packets
    during the replication process.

    Anybody had this problem ? Can anyone give me a solution for this
    problem?

    Regards,
    Alex

    Alexals, Jan 17, 2004