cisco340 reset to factory defaults

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tg, May 13, 2008.

  1. tg

    tg Guest

    I have a cisco 340 access point that will not respond to the reset
    button on the back. Do these buttons actually work or are they just a
    leftover from an earlier chassis? Is there some special way to reset
    using this button?
    My 340AP is in a right mess and I need to reset it. When I start the
    CLI in hyperterminal I get:

    System ID: 004096329D29
    Motherboard: MPC860 50MHz, 2048KB FLASH, 16384KB DRAM, Revision 21
    Bootstrap Ver. 1.01: FLASH, CRC AB31F5C0 (OK)
    Initialization: Improper Motherboard Config
    so I click l for l -- downLoad file into DRAM and then I get
    Using Xmodem
    (type <ctrl-X> to cancel)
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.
    how long is this ccc thing supposed to go on for?

    is there any other way to get this AP back to factory defaults?
    thanks for any help.

    tg, May 13, 2008

  2. tg

    tg Guest

    ok thanks Aaron. During this strange 'CCCC...' behaviour where is the
    Cisco actually downloading from? Does it have it's own backup
    somewhere inside the AP? How long does this process normally take -
    mine has been going for over an hour and it just keeps generating
    endless C's. Again thanks for your advice.

    tg, May 13, 2008

  3. tg

    tg Guest

    it's okay now Aaron I've done it at last.
    finally got this AP to reset and now it's working.

    tg, May 13, 2008