    packet load balancing", as Cisco no longer
    supports it.

    Is this true?

    Captain, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Depends on what they call 'the latest IOS'; PPLB is supported in
    12.0(26)S on the 12K, but for some reason only on the 10K in 12.0(27)S.
    But that might be because that version is for the 10K only; I didn't
    check for that.

    Take a look at http://www.cisco.com/go/fn, the Feature Navigator. Very
    useful for questions like this.

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Feb 27, 2004

  3. No, per packet load balancing is still supported. Most likely, they want
    you to do per destination because per packet has some performance impact on
    CEF enabled routers Your only option is to either stick with per
    destination or see if they will do PPP multilink.

    Craig Johnson, CCIE #6965

    Craig Johnson, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Captain

    Rob Guest

    MLPPP has even more performance impact on CPU taxed routers, so that
    would be a twist.

    Rob, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Captain

    Captain Guest

    I'm pretty sure it's because of the performance issue.

    But how much of a performance hit does bonding 2 T1's
    on a 12K router really cost?

    I bond the upload on a 3620,(using cef), and the cpu
    hit is VERY small.

    Note: I have no experience with these higher end 12K
    routers, but are their CPUs really that over worked?

    Captain, Feb 28, 2004