Cisco VPN Client through PIX and routed network

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by gkurcon, Nov 2, 2005.

  1. gkurcon

    gkurcon Guest

    We currently have several networks interconnected using broadband and
    PIX 501's/506's, using site to site VPN's. We're looking at upgrading
    our service to an Ethernet over fiber scenario that would look like
    this:

    Site A (Main location) Local LAN: 192.168.1.0, Internet Connection Here
    Site B (Remote Site) Local LAN: 192.168.2.0
    Site C (Remote Site) Local LAN: 192.168.3.0
    Site D (Remote Site) Local LAN: 192.168.4.0

    The ethernet service will provide a fully meshed topology, allowing any
    site to reach any other site.

    Right now we use the Cisco VPN client for a few remote users. They
    connect into a PIX 506E located at Site A. Obvisouly, they can only
    access hosts located on the 192.168.1.0 network. How can I enable the
    clients to reach hosts at Sites B,C and D once we have put the new
    service in place?

    Any thoughts? Thanks.

    Glenn

    gkurcon, Nov 2, 2005

  2. You need a router on the inside interface of the PIX506 headend, inorder to
    "turn" the packets in and the via router, out again on the PIX headend.

    Martin Bilgrav, Nov 2, 2005

  3. gkurcon

    gkurcon Guest

    Ok this makes sense I think. So if I were to plug the 506E inside
    interface into a Catalyst 3548 with Layer 3 capability, that had routes
    for the 3 other networks, all would work fine?

    Thanks.

    gkurcon, Nov 3, 2005