Cisco VPN Client - client-LAN access for headquarter

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by mgummert, Apr 1, 2009.

  1. mgummert

    mgummert Guest

    Hello everybody,

    I understand that the VPN Client´s "local LAN access" feature enables
    the Client to also access ressources in it´s own LAN - which works
    fine in my setup. Having the feature activated I can see my local LAN
    routes and the secured routes in the VPN Client statistics.

    My question is:

    How is it possible for a computer in the headquarter behind the VPN
    Concentrator (which is a Cisco router) to access the resources (e.g.
    printer) in the client-LAN?

    Right now I can only ping the client computer´s tunnel-IP-address, but
    not the address of the client´s LAN-NIC or the printer.

    I played with static routes on my VPN concentrator, but could not
    achieve the access to the clientßs LAN from a computer in my
    headquarter.

    Is that possible at all with the Cisco VPN client?

    Thank you for any hint.

    Mathias

    mgummert, Apr 1, 2009

  2. mgummert

    mgummert Guest

    Maybe I should add, that I activated routing on the Windows XP client
    PC (\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip
    \Parameters\IPEnableRouter=1).

    It doesn´t help yet...

    Mathias

    mgummert, Apr 1, 2009

  3. mgummert

    Uli Link Guest

    LPD/LPR sharing of the printer on the client?
    That's expected.
    No.
    You can use a small Cisco IOS router setup in network extension mode as
    VPN client.

    Uli Link, Apr 1, 2009