Cisco VPN Client 4.0 versus PIX 501 trough MS ISA

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Edward Voermans, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. Gents,

    I hope someone on the Group knows ISA as well as Cisco ;-)
    We use the Cisco VPN client to connect to a PIX 501. The client is set to
    use IPSec over UDP.
    With the client directly on the Internet (no firewall between client and
    PIX) the connection is flawless.
    With the client behind an MS ISA server we get a connection but no traffic
    between the client and the
    network behind the PIX!
    On the ISA server I created Protocol Definitions UDP Ports 500/4500/10000
    with Send/Receive.
    The only differents I see on the vpn client is that when connecting through
    the ISA server:
    Bytes Received 0 Send 756 Packets Encrypted 6 Decrypted 0
    And when connecting direct on the Internet:
    Bytes Received 660 Send 1386 Packets Encrypted 11 Decrypted 11

    So I'm sure there's something missing on the ISA server, but what????

    Regards,

    Edward

    Edward Voermans, Apr 28, 2004

  2. Edward Voermans

    òTTó Guest

    Hi Edward,

    Try to insert the next rule which is inplemented in PIX version 6.3.?

    isakmp nat-traversal 20

    Regards oTTo

    òTTó, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Thanks, that did the trick!