Cisco VPN 3015 - client connect but cannot ping, browse, etc.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Bruce Lautenschlager, Nov 16, 2004.

  1. After some struggle, I have configured my 3015 to use IAS
    authentication (I have a Win2k server running IAS) and people with
    Windows 2000 PCs using the Cisco VPN Client version 4.0.5C can connect
    and authenticate according to group membership. That works great. But
    they can't communicate with anything once they connect.

    When they connect, they get a DHCP address (from my RAS range, much
    like my AS5350) via DHCP relay. Everything looks fine. And in fact, if
    they connect via WebVPN, it works fine (within the scope of what
    WebVPN can do).

    But fat client connections can't ping or connect to any other device.
    They can only ping themselves, not the gateway, the 3015, or any other
    device. Hence applications don't work.

    Yet, as I mentioned, WebVPN works fine. But I need more than just
    browsing services...

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance,
    Bruce