Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine - Some windows services not started

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Morph, Jul 24, 2008.

  1. Morph

    Morph Guest

    I installed a new Cisco Secure Access Control Server Solution Engine
    yesterday. It is an appliance based on a hardened Windows Server 2003
    with no access to the windows part.

    After I started the appliance it would boot and on the attached monitor
    I see the windows message "At least one service or driver failed during
    system startup..." The device was acting funny so today I did a recovery
    procedure, that is I reinstalled the appliance with the DVD from cisco.
    Even with a fresh new installation when the device boots I see on the
    screen the same message "At least one service or driver failed during
    system startup...". Since there is no access to the windows OS I can't
    see what exactly is the problem.

    Now the appliance seems to be working fine but i'm not sure why the
    error message appears.

    Does anyone have an idea regarding this issue?

    Morph, Jul 24, 2008

  2. I believe this is a bug and is listed on CCO. I have an ACS Solutions
    Engine as well, and I see the same warning. Seems like I had also
    discussed this with TAC on an unrelated call and they indicated it
    wasn't a problem.

    fugettaboutit, Jul 25, 2008

  3. Morph

    Morph Guest

    In the message <> Thrill5
    wrote:

    | | >I installed a new Cisco Secure Access Control Server Solution Engine
    | > yesterday. It is an appliance based on a hardened Windows Server 2003
    | > with no access to the windows part.
    | >
    | > After I started the appliance it would boot and on the attached monitor
    | > I see the windows message "At least one service or driver failed during
    | > system startup..." The device was acting funny so today I did a recovery
    | > procedure, that is I reinstalled the appliance with the DVD from cisco.
    | > Even with a fresh new installation when the device boots I see on the
    | > screen the same message "At least one service or driver failed during
    | > system startup...". Since there is no access to the windows OS I can't
    | > see what exactly is the problem.
    | >
    | > Now the appliance seems to be working fine but i'm not sure why the
    | > error message appears.
    | >
    | > Does anyone have an idea regarding this issue?
    | >
    | > --
    | > -Was he talking about what I think he was talking about?
    | > -If you mean time-traveling bunnies, then yes.
    |
    | Open a TAC case, they will be able to access the OS and determine if there
    | is a problem.

    I opened a TAC case and they (as fugettaboutit sugested) said that I can
    ignore the error message and that it doesn't affect the ACS.
    Thanks both of you for your time!

    Morph, Jul 28, 2008