    domain master browsers to communicate across a vlan with a cisco 2548g
    in place in the middle?

    ALso, what about authentication and such?

    punisher, Nov 17, 2005

  2. punisher

    Everton Guest

    What is it a 2548? Maybe it's a Catalyst 2948...?

    If you want to establish communication among
    VLANs thru a router, you probably want to
    use 802.1q VLAN trunking.

    Try the following document:

    InterVLAN Routing
    http://tinyurl.com/2q83x

    Be aware of some possible issues:

    1) You would end establishing full
    communication among any stations located
    on the participating VLANs. Unless you
    add some kind of ACL filtering. Could your
    router handle ACL for the traffic rates you
    need?

    2) Can your router model forward the amount
    of traffic you expect to have between your
    servers? Small Cisco routers usually have a
    very slow backplane compared to Catalyst
    switches.

    Everton, Nov 17, 2005