Cisco Router 2821 - Creating a secondary router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by HandleX84, Jun 3, 2010.

  1. HandleX84

    HandleX84

    Joined:
    May 18, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    currently have router completely configured in my lab -
    Cisco 2821 with in and out ports being used. It has an additional HWIC-4ESW 4-port WAN module.

    I want to learn how to setup a secondary router, so that if this one went down - the secondary router would pickup and being to handle all the current VPNS/IPS/etc in the network.

    1st - can this router do that?
    2nd - is there anything i need besides the exact router/module?
    3rd - can you guys tell me or point me in the right direction of how to implement this?

    Sorry, a CCNP newb just trying to learn his ways.

    HandleX84, Jun 3, 2010