    Michael Ryan Guest

    Has anyone had any experience building a branch office VPN tunnel between a
    Cisco PIX or Cisco router to a Nortel Contivity VPN gateway?

    Michael Ryan, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Michael Ryan

    Jason Kau Guest

    I've done a VPN tunnel between a PIX and a Nortel Contivity before--but
    that was a long time ago so I don't remember the details and I no longer
    have a Contivity to play with...

    If my memory is right, I did it with pre-shared key, ESP, 3DES, SHA and
    everything generally worked--make sure your lifetimes match up on the two
    boxes.

    Jason Kau, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Michael Ryan

    Michael Ryan Guest

    I've done a VPN tunnel between a PIX and a Nortel Contivity before--but
    Great, thanks! Do you think this is possible with just a Cisco router
    instead of a PIX, say a 7206 with the right IOS?

    Michael Ryan, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Michael Ryan

    Jason Kau Guest

    I can't say for sure as I've not done that personally--but I'm sure you
    could get it working...

    Jason Kau, Jan 26, 2004
  5. hi,
    that should work. I did it in out lab 2 years ago, between a pix and a
    contivity 600 and a contivity 100. concentrator 3015 and contivity
    worked as well. 3des,md5,esp and preshared key.

    best
    Christian

    Christian Knoblauch, Jan 27, 2004
  6. Michael Ryan

    Michael Ryan Guest

    Thanks for everyone's help in this. I'll have an opportunity to try this
    out next month at a disaster recovery test.

    Michael Ryan, Jan 27, 2004