    suggestions, please let me know.

    Thanks

    Frank

    Frank Durham, Dec 8, 2004

  2. :Does anyone know or if it is possible to allow the pix to have a secondary
    :address on an interface just like you can on a router.

    No it isn't.

    :The reason is I have
    :an additional netblock of IP addresses that I am using that is not
    :contiguous with my fist netblock and I need to utilize them.

    That isn't the same question. ;-)

    A PIX that had a "secondary address on an interface just like you can
    on a router" would be able to handle VPN connections addressed to
    any of the secondary addresses. The PIX will only reply to one
    VPN connection per logical interface.

    PIX 515/515E/520/525/535 does support multiple logical outside
    interfaces that will act independantly, where a 'logical interface'
    is identified through it's 802.1Q VLAN tag. The 506/506E will handle
    a small number of logical interfaces on its inside interface; the 501
    will not handle logical interfaces at all.

    But that's probably not what you really want to do. What you probably
    want to do is read the explanation I posted again just yesterday
    on how to work with multiple disjoint IP address ranges on the PIX.

    http://groups.google.ca/groups?selm=cp4vcf$o02$

    Walter Roberson, Dec 8, 2004