Cisco PIX 515E Configuration

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by flamer die.spam@hotmail.com, Jan 9, 2010.

  1. flamer

    flamer Guest

    I have a 515E at home, its got a DSL router on its outside interface,
    my desktop machine on its inside interface and a webserver on the DMZ.
    (security levels 0, 100, 50 respectively)

    Its all working fine, I went through the ASDM and enabled all the
    security features I could, but i am wondering if it has more security
    options that could be configured (Im interested in IDS/IPS and DoS
    specifically). Do I need to enable this stuff manually? is it turned
    on by default? are there software upgrades with more features?

    The Reason I ask is because up until now I have been running a
    personal firewal on the desktop as well, I would Like to get rid of it
    but I want to be sure I am safe first.

    Sh ver
    Licensed Features:
    Failover: Disabled
    VPN-DES: Enabled
    VPN-3DES-AES: Disabled
    Maximum Physical Interfaces: 3
    Maximum Interfaces: 5
    Cut-through Proxy: Enabled
    Guards: Enabled
    URL-filtering: Enabled
    Inside Hosts: Unlimited
    Throughput: Unlimited
    IKE peers: Unlimited

    Also unrelated, is there a "show log" command like on IOS for the PIX?
    I can't see any logs anywhere, do I have to use syslog for that?

    Flamer.

    flamer , Jan 9, 2010

  2. flamer

    j D k Guest

    515 doesnt have ips/ids module.

    You can enable thread detection, connection timeoute etc

    what the ios/adsm version you are using

    j D k, Jan 19, 2010

  3. flamer

    flamer Guest

    On Jan 19, 11:37 pm, j D k <> wrote:
    > 515 doesnt have ips/ids module.
    >
    > You can enable thread detection, connection timeoute etc
    >
    > what the ios/adsm version you are using

    Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(5)
    Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(4)

    Compiled on Thu 04-Aug-05 21:40 by morlee

    Achilles up 2 hours 9 mins

    Hardware: PIX-515E, 32 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 433 MHz
    Flash E28F128J3 @ 0x300, 16MB
    BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

    Licensed Features:
    Failover: Disabled