    I've been told that I need to upgrade the PDM so that it'll load in Java better and not crash IE. Right now I'm running PDM version 3.0(1) and PIX version 6.3(3). How do I upgrade the PDM? Do I need to upgrade the PIX as well?
    thanks,
    david

    dgr7, Sep 6, 2007

  2. dgr7

    allan16

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2007
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    0
    the latest version of PDM is 3.0(4) which will work with the version that you have 6.3(3)

    You don't need to upgrade the firewall at all. You can be on 6.3(3) and have 3.0(4) as the PDM version.

    The command to use to upgrade the PDM is

    copy tftp flash:pdm

    allan16, Sep 7, 2007

  3. dgr7

    allan16

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2007
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    0
    that smiley face is a ":p"

    allan16, Sep 7, 2007
  4. dgr7

    allan16

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2007
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    0
    ahhhhhhhhh...

    ok I am adding a space in between so I don't get that smiley face

    ---> : p

    allan16, Sep 7, 2007
  5. dgr7

    dgr7

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    allan16,
    hello,
    so if I telnet to the pix and type in
    copy tftp flash:pdm
    it'll go out and download from the internet the current pdm and automatically install it? Does the PIX have to reboot to finish the install (I'm in a corporate environment where I wouldn't want to disturb the internet connection during business hours).
    thanks,
    david

    dgr7, Sep 7, 2007
  6. dgr7

    allan16

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2007
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    0
    you need to download the image first from the cisco site. (pdm-304.bin)
    Then you need to store that image into a TFTP server so the firewall gets the file from that PC.
    there is no need to reboot the firewall after the PDM has been installed you don't need to reboot at all.

    Make sure you have this enabled.

    http server enable
    http 0 0 inside

    allan16, Sep 7, 2007