    the voltages and functions of the power supply it will be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    junknowhere, Jul 6, 2005

  2. junknowhere

    BradReeseCom Guest

    Hi,

    Power requirements for the Cisco PIX 506 Firewall.

    Autoswitching: 100-240 VAC

    Frequency: 50-60 Hz

    Current: 1.5-0.75 Amps

    Reggie Grant has Cisco PIX 506 spare AC power supplies available.

    http://www.bradreese.com/reggie-grant.htm

    Part Number:

    PIX-506-PWR-AC=

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    Toll Free: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

    BradReeseCom, Jul 6, 2005

  3. junknowhere

    junknowhere Guest

    Thanks for the quick reply. But what I required was what voltage goes
    into which pins, that is +5v, -5v, +12v, Gnd., etc. This is because I
    would like to try to run it on Computer Power supply. If some body has
    a power supply, the pinout diagram is printed on the power supply unit.

    Thanks

    junknowhere, Jul 7, 2005
  4. junknowhere

    ChayD

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well, even though it's five years on, I'm going to post this here in case anyone has the same question,
    just for the sake of usefulness.

    Looking at the back of the PIX-506:

    -------
    |1|2|3|
    -------
    |4|5|6|
    -------

    1: 0V (Black)
    2: Power On (Green)
    3: 0V (Black)
    4: -12V (Blue)
    5: +12V (Yellow)
    6: +5V (Red)

    The colors correspond to those found on a standard ATX power supply.
    (Check with a known ATX pinout first as some manufacturers stray from the standard)

    One convenient feature of the ATX connector, is that on the end with the 3.3 Volt pins,
    the connector is keyed in the same way as the PIX one, so if you don't
    mind permanently modifying the PSU, it can be cut down and re-wired
    so it'll plug into the PIX without having to open up the PIX or otherwise
    modify it.

    As usual disclaimers apply, if you blow yourself or your PIX up in doing this,
    it's neither the fault of the author or this forum :)

    ChayD, Mar 30, 2010