  1. cdoc

    cdoc Guest

    What is the primary difference between a pix 501 and 501-50?

    cdoc, May 19, 2006

  2. 10 vs 50 users

    Jonathan Roberts, May 20, 2006

  3. cdoc

    cdoc Guest

    I assume that is concurrent vpn users correct?

    cdoc, May 20, 2006
  4. I'm not sure on the VPN, never used it. It is actually concurrent
    connections to the Internet. You get 10 unique internal IP's and then the
    next client gets denied. You can clear xlate to start the count over again.
    It's a pain unless you are a very small network.

    Jonathan Roberts, May 20, 2006
  5. cdoc

    Rob Guest

    10 license gives you 10 outbound connections to the internet and 10 vpn
    connections.

    Rob, May 20, 2006
  6. cdoc

    cdoc Guest

    yikes!
    Thanks for the info.

    cdoc, May 20, 2006
  7. [/QUOTE]
    That's close, but the details are more complex. And one important
    point to note is that internal IPs -usually- time out of the count
    when the IP stops using the network.

    For more details on what actually happens, see

    http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.dcom.sys.cisco/msg/54ef67472864089d

    Walter Roberson, May 20, 2006