    Can someone tell me how much bandwidth Cisco phones use in general?
    We have the models Cisco 7961 and 7941.
    Thank you

    Tester, Jul 6, 2011

  2. In terms of capacity it is neglectable. A 7961 here has an average
    five minute transmit rate of 500k and uses 0.50% of a 100BaseTX link when
    transmitting data. Receiving data is 100k in five minutes or 0.1% of the
    100BaseTX link.

    On the other hand, the data packets need to be priorized.

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    --
    Max-Planck-Institut fuer Phone : +49-761-5108-464 Fax: -80464
    Immunbiologie und Epigenetik

    Christoph Gartmann, Jul 6, 2011

  3. Tester

    Stephen Guest

    In terms of capacity it is neglectable. A 7961 here has an average
    five minute transmit rate of 500k and uses 0.50% of a 100BaseTX link when
    transmitting data. Receiving data is 100k in five minutes or 0.1% of the
    100BaseTX link.[/QUOTE]

    there are some file / ftfp transfers during startup, and if you use
    the display there may be some data movement to support that.

    once a voice call is in progress the real time traffic depends on the
    codec profile.

    G.729 is something like 30 - 40 Kbps each way.
    G.711 is 90 Kbps

    Some of the cisco phones support a wideband codec which is 256 Kbps of
    audio - say 300 Kbps all in.
    Just for the voice stuff really

    Stephen, Jul 8, 2011