Cisco owned (linksys wet11b) is cisco failing to see market demands?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Kieron Joy, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. Kieron Joy

    Kieron Joy Guest

    Linksys tech support have not got the answers I'm looking for?
    I'm looking for a wireless ethernet client bridge with TX power management.
    The linksys wet11b is a good quality unit and I would order them by the
    hundred if the TX output could be adjusted to suit the legal EIRP of the
    locality. The unit has a detachable antenna allowing the user to use a
    directional external antenna with increased gain allowing greater
    transmission distance if the TX output could be adjusted to make it legal.
    Cisco have failed to provide suitable wirless compliant hardware for the uk
    on the 5.8Ghz C band, are they going the same way for 2.4Ghz? Proxim came up
    with the goods in tsunami at the right price so I ordered in quantity
    following field trials and they work well. Is cisco so ignorant of market
    demands? Have they grown too big to respond to market demands?
    All they have to do is to provide an abillity to adjust the TX output on the
    Wet11b and I would place orders in quantity.
    Madness.
    Does anybody know if its possible to adjust the TX output on the WET11B?
    Any suggestions for an alternative manufacturer offering a unit with the
    facillity to adjust the TX output will be gratefully received.

    Regards,

    KJ

    Kieron Joy, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Kieron Joy