Cisco Newbie

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by clutters, Jun 19, 2007.

  1. clutters

    clutters

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Is it me or is cisco so over complex?

    I am trying to reorganise my access list(101) I have a

    10 permit ip 11.12.13.14 0.0.0.31 any
    20 deny ip any any
    30 permit ip host 217.23.146.173 any
    40 permit ip host 89.242.246.49 any

    My problem is clear to you experts i'm sure, I need to put 30 and 40 above 20 right?

    Well I tried

    I entered config mode then

    ip access-list extended 101

    and get the following ... i can't get into editing mode, what am i doing wrong?
    ^
    % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

    Help

    clutters, Jun 19, 2007

  2. clutters

    bendsley

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well, yeah, deny needs to go last. So you're right in the fact that 30 and 40 need to go first.

    Anyway, are you accessing the the router via IP or using the console cable? If by IP, you probably locked yourself out of the router due to access lists not being correct. Try accessing via the console cable and let us know if you experience the same results.

    bendsley, Jun 21, 2007