Cisco newbie question: Cisco 801 boot problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Joris Kemperman, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. Hey guys i hope you can help me out...

    I used the Fast Step configuration tool to configure two Cisco routers and
    for some reason one of them has no boot image (c800-y6-mw.122-8.T10.bin)
    anymore.

    The Cisco starts up and stops at the boot# prompt.

    Now my idea to get that thing back in business was to get the .bin from the
    other cisco and upload it in his flash again.

    The problem is, the ethernet connection is not working.so i can't use tftp
    to write all data to the Flash. When i use the Xmodem protocol and upload
    the .bin via hyperterminal it uploads the file in its RAM memory instead of
    its flash and i don't know how to get it in it's flash.

    Is there anyone who can help me out!?

    Regards,
    Joris Kemperman
    The Netherlands

    Joris Kemperman, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Joris Kemperman

    firemarsh Guest

    I Believe if you issue the following command it should transfer it for you

    # copy nvram:c800-y6-mw.122-8.T10.bin flash:c800-y6-mw.122-8.T10.bin

    it should copy it over. From there you should be able to execute the boot.

    Hope this helps!

    firemarsh, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Well the problem is that i even cannot use the copy command! When i type
    'help' in the console, the copy command isn't listed there aswell!

    Thanks for your help anyways but it doesn't help me out :'(

    Regards Joris

    Joris Kemperman, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Joris,

    For your reference
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...on_guide_chapter09186a008007c954.html#1007099

    Bu the command you need to execure after the upload is successful is:

    save file = filename

    e.g.

    save file = c800-y6-mw.122-8.T10.bin

    Regards,

    Scott.
    \|/
    (o o)
    Out the 100Base-T, off the firewall, through the router, down
    the T1, over the leased line, off the bridge, nothing but Net.
    (Use ROT13 to see my email address)
    .oooO Oooo.
    \ ( ) /
    \_) (_/