    Is there something like a "how to use / setup fpt" on a cisco pix 501?

    Thanks for helping!

    MrCoots

    mrcoots, Jun 20, 2007

  2. mrcoots

    bendsley

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    It is possible to dedicate a single public IP address to a single server on your home network. This is called one-to-one NAT.

    Here we allow the firewall to handle traffic to a second IP address, namely 97.158.253.26. We then allow all incoming traffic to be forwarded to the protected web server which has an IP address of 192.168.1.100. Only www and DNS (Port 53) traffic is allowed to access it via an access control list applied to the outside interface.

    access-list inbound permit icmp any any
    access-list inbound permit tcp any host 97.158.253.26 eq www
    access-list inbound permit tcp any host 97.158.253.26 eq 53
    access-list inbound permit udp any host 97.158.253.26 eq 53
    access-group inbound in interface outside
    static (inside,outside) 97.158.253.26 192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

    You can certainly do the same thing for ssh, ftp, snmp, pop3, etc..

    bendsley, Jun 21, 2007

  3. mrcoots

    ithelp

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can you provide details of the IP addresses, how many public IPs you have?

    ithelp, Jul 2, 2007