    Is there a command line interface for the netgear or does it have to
    be accessed through the browser?
    TIA, Ned

    Ned, May 3, 2007

  2. Ned

    Brian V Guest

    The "Trunk" in Netgear speak is not "Trunk" in Cisco speak. In Cisco "Trunk"
    is an interface that carries multiple vlans. In Netgear it is the binding of
    ports to create a larger pipe, which in Cisco we call a port channel.

    Under the port configuration area on the Netgear there should be a way to
    check off which VLAN's belong to a port. Once you check off multiple VLAN's
    it automagically creates the "Trunk".

    Brian V, May 3, 2007

  3. Yep, the HP method of doing things. :) Amazing how much of their
    technology leaks out to other vendors.

    You want to tag each of your VLANs on the port that is your "trunk"
    port upstream to your 3750. It'll start doing what you want then.
    There is a CLI from what I remember, but the web interface is easier
    to use.

    Doug McIntyre, May 3, 2007