    VLAN seem to affect the switch in the phone.

    Phone becomes slow, unresponsive and call quality gets bad.

    -JJ

    Jii, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Jii

    shido Guest

    You may want to look into using Asterisk as your callmanager.
    http://www.asterisk.org

    --
    Greg Merriweather
    The NuFone Network

    519-251-8225 x 3000
    IM:

    shido, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Why is this a solution to the question ?

    Arnold

    Arnold Ligtvoet, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Jii

    shido Guest

    Never ran into this issue with Asterisk. Phone registers to the linux box
    with asterisk on it and I make phone calls to other softphones/ip phones or
    the PSTN via IAX2 according to the dialplan I've set... and I'm nat'd.

    --
    Greg Merriweather
    The NuFone Network

    519-251-8225 x 3000
    IM:

    shido, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Oke, this is new. I looked at the Asterisk website but did not see
    specific support for the Cisco phones. Let me get this correct: what you
    are saying is that 7960/40 Cisco phones work on Asterisk when set to SIP
    mode?

    Are all (or most) features supported on the phone?

    TIA,

    Arnold

    Arnold Ligtvoet, Oct 16, 2003
  6. Jii

    Shaun Ewing Guest

    Correct. I've got an Asterisk system in production here with 7960 and 7940
    phones.
    I've yet to run into a feature that is unsupported - so yep :)
    -Shaun

    Shaun Ewing, Oct 17, 2003