    I was told that 12.4(15)T7 can only support 3 VLAN's on an 1812
    router, however this does not seem right for this level of router.

    Thanks.

    Tom, Nov 2, 2009

  2. Typically, that would be controlled by the router hardware level, and
    what the specific hardware supports, not each individual revision of IOS.

    Cisco Feature Navigator (cisco.com/go/fn) isn't going to tell you # of
    VLANs, because that is a hardware level datum, not software.

    The data sheet for the 18xx routers
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/col...0aecd8028a95f_ps5853_Products_Data_Sheet.html
    says that they all support 8 802.1Q VLANs. (And 4 WiFi encrypted VLANs)

    I'd go with the data sheet, excepting possibly a bug in implementation
    inside the specific IOS revision you are asking about could accidently
    restrict it more than it should be.

    Doug McIntyre, Nov 2, 2009

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Great...thanks for the quick response!!!

    So basically this router should work with 4 VLAN's like my others
    routers that are identical except this one has T7 vs T5.

    Thanks!

    Tom, Nov 2, 2009
  4. I would assume so, and would also assume that whatever said 3 may have
    been a typo, or somebody reading a poor printout and couldn't
    distinguish a 3 from an 8.

    Doug McIntyre, Nov 2, 2009
  5. Tom

    Tom Guest