Cisco intervlan routing

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by Sik, Jan 19, 2012.

  1. Sik

    Sik

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have to configure a Cisco 877 for the following :

    one pc must be connected to fa1 and in vlan1 and the other pc connected to fa2 in vlan2.
    the pc in vlan1 will have a 3g connection as well and share it with the pc in vlan2.

    Currently I have configured the following :
    int fa 1:
    switchport mode access
    switchport access vlan 1
    int fa 2:
    switchport mode access
    switchport access vlan 2
    int vlan 1:
    ip address 192.168.137.2 255.255.255.0
    int vlan 2:
    ip address 192.168.168.1 255.255.255.0

    ip route 192.168.168.1 255.255.255.0 192.168.137.1 (ip of the pc sharing the 3g connection)

    ip default-gateway 192.168.137.1
    ip default-network 192.168.137.0

    ip name-server 192.168.137.1

    That is about the whole config at the moment...
    from the router if I run a ping to google, it resolves the ip correctly but times out on all packets.

    connectivity between the pc on vlan1 and the pc on vlan2 lose connectivity as soon as I dial out the 3g so I assume the pc is switching to the default gateway of the 3g connection? Also if i set pc 2 to the same ip range as pc one and connect them directly, I am able to ping pc 1 and connect to the internet through it.

    Please note that I have only just started studying for my CCENT so only know the basics of switching and have not even touched on routing yet, so please excuse any stupid mistakes with the config.

    any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    Sik, Jan 19, 2012

  2. Sik

    HiFreak1c

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2012
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    New Zealand
    If that's the only config you've made, you've missed NAT (ping .etc will work from the router without NAT).

    Depending on your ACLs and ICMP echo may not be allowed in. In this case turn on 'ip inspect' for TCP and UDP and make the relevant entries in your ACL.

    Use this to give you a base config, just remove the ADSL/ATM specific stuff if it doesn't apply.

    HiFreak1c, Mar 6, 2012